Mission Raniganj: The Great Bharat Rescue is a 2023 Indian Hindi-language disaster thriller film directed by Tinu Suresh Desai and produced by Pooja Entertainment. Written by Vipul K Rawal, it is based on the 1989 disaster at the Raniganj Coalfield in West Bengal. The film stars Akshay Kumar and Parineeti Chopra.
The film tells the story of Jaswant Singh Gill (Akshay Kumar), a mining engineer who leads a challenging rescue mission to save 65 miners who are trapped inside a flooded coal mine. Gill, along with his team, enters the mine and executes a risky plan to rescue the miners.
The film has been praised for its disaster sequences and the suspense of the rescue mission. Akshay Kumar and Parineeti Chopra's performances have also been lauded.
Here are some of the positive and negative aspects of the film:
- The disaster sequences are realistic and thrilling.
- The rescue mission is exciting and suspenseful.
- Akshay Kumar and Parineeti Chopra deliver excellent performances.
- The film conveys an important social message.
- The story is a bit predictable.
- Some of the characters are underdeveloped.
Overall, Mission Raniganj is an exciting and edge-of-the-seat disaster thriller. It conveys an important social message and is supported by excellent performances from Akshay Kumar and Parineeti Chopra.